Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New X-Star

Default New X-Star

I know this isn't Supra but damn. This thing looks pretty incredible...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

Not a big fan of round windshields, two post towers, non-padded engine covers/rear locker pads, wraps, and misc. other things on that boat. I think it's downright fugly, but surely very functional. At the end of the day all that matters is that it puts out a wake you're happy with, holds speed well, and ballast is easy and functional. I'm very utilitarian.

Not a big fan of pickle fork boats or MC . I hope it looks better in person than it does in pics. What is with those sides and what is that box on the hull below the swim platform. I have to have a boat that makes my heart beat a little faster even when its on the trailer. I hope it performs well it doesn't have much in the looks department. Has anyone heard about pricing? My guess is 130-150k.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...t:429,r:1,s:33
    Last edited by michael hunter; 09-09-2011 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cadunkle View Post
    Not a big fan of round windshields, two post towers, non-padded engine covers/rear locker pads, wraps, and misc. other things on that boat. I think it's downright fugly, but surely very functional. At the end of the day all that matters is that it puts out a wake you're happy with, holds speed well, and ballast is easy and functional. I'm very utilitarian.
    Can't agree more. Oh, the Xstar's also are one of the worst slow speed handling inboards made. Al
    Supra Beast
    Custom 496 MPI HO 425 hp
    Custom Teak floor

what's with the rub rail and hull rise near the stern and behind the seats? the rear seats look fancy but not very user friendly. bust your butt back there when you're not paying attention to a passing boat and you'll be hurting.

mc towers are dreadful, imo. reminds me of a sit-in style video game from around the late 80's. maybe batman's boat, lol.

not my style but i'll take a long look if/when i see it in person.

Just like the last X-star, no way.

If someone gave me that free and tax free, I'd sell it, get a new truck, and a new Supra or Malibu. That's just an overpriced fad boat.

Quote Originally Posted by haugy View Post

If someone gave me that free and tax free, I'd sell it, get a new truck, and a new Supra or Malibu. That's just an overpriced fad boat.
    +1,000,001

Quote Originally Posted by haugy View Post

Overpriced is right, but on the "new Supra" note, you obviously haven't owned a new one lately. Unless they've fixed their quality control, or upped their standards, no way. My shit is still falling apart. Next time I'll spend more money for a boat that was built right.

Back to the OP, I love the new X-Star. The rubrail changing shape makes it look more modern. Functionality is out of this world. Tower may take some getting used to, but after dropping mine down every single time I move it around my shop, I'll take a little bit of ugly for a lot of functionality.
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

jonyb -- you think that the new supras are any less reliable than any other boat? I'm honestly curious about that. My friends with newer mastercrafts and malibus all have shit break/fall apart just as often as I do on my 25 year old boat. I've just been assuming that if it's a boat, it's going to be broken a lot. Do you think the new Supras are even worse??
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

I think they are cool to look at, but thats it. I rode behind the original pro series 07' Xstar that they used in the wake series with the xtra 400 hp engine. Was not afraid of the wake at all..I could hit it with everything I had and NOT be afraid. lol. The 400 hp engine, nice. The 400 hp exhaust..made my ears bleed and didnt talk with anyone in the boat for 8 hrs, it was just too hard to hear. I didnt get to drive it (darn it) but the boat is nice, it has a ton of storage and i did like the wake its a long ramp so Its easy on what ever skill level your on. Its just not my style (TOO PIMPED) for me. I prefer the axis..under stated and carries a big stick. lol (yes I love my supra too)
    89' Comp rebuild thread:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...1923456&type=3

89' Comp Mod's and fun pic's:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...6666464&type=3

89' Supra/Custom Tower & Interior/Swivel Racks
    4 Blade-14X14/1600 lbs Ballast
    Roswell Bar/Led's/Krypt 6.5 HLCD's/Krypt 4200 Eq
    JL-Kicker Amps 2000 Watts/Kicker Interiors/L7 Kicker Sub