Default Trailer light help!!

Ok, I am having a problem with my trailer lights. The trailer is a 2007 boat mate trailer. I recently had to replace all the wires in it due to a mouse eating them. I have also changed over to 90% LED lights (the license plate light, reverse lights, and orange side lights are not LED).

Here is my problem. The lights work great with the exception of when the truck is put in reverse. When the truck is shifted into reverse I loose all the park lights. As soon as you put the truck into any other gear they immeidately all come back on. In addition, the trailer has white back up lights. These back up lights are staying on continuously. When I initially wired the trailer they were NOT staying on. I have checked the wiring from my truck to my trailer wiring harness and all is fine. I have also checked the reverse circuit up to the reverse lockout solenoid. Everything is wired correctly.

Any ideas? Or has anyone else seen this problem??
    2007 Supra 24 SSV 340 CAT
    Lake Bryan, TX

Start with your ground wire. Seems that is the problem most of the time. Add an extra if able to.

Also , not sure if you are hooked to a truck with the american(red turn signals) or international(amber turn signals) this could be your prob. as the convertors for international systems do go bad. But def check for a really stout ground! Oh one more thing -is this a Dodge? My old Dodge did not like being hooked to any trailers! I seem to remember it doing something like your saying. I had to add an extra ground wire, and it was still iffy!
    Last edited by Blackntan90; 08-21-2011 at 05:07 PM.

Thanks for the help guys! It turned out to be my ground. If anyone else is having problems like this a quick way to determine if it is a ground issue is to take a set of jumper cables and connect the trailer to your tow vehicle. Make sure you are going from bare metal to bare metal between the vehicles. If suddenly your lights work correctly, then you have a bad ground on the trailer.

I ended up moving mine, and grinding off some of the paint. After I put the new ground screw in I painted over the area with liquid tape to keep rust and corrosion down.
    2007 Supra 24 SSV 340 CAT
    Lake Bryan, TX