Cool 2005 Supra 24ssv Shaft Seal

Today I took my boat out at Lake Mead, and noticed alot of water coming from the drive shaft even went the boat was shut off. I was wondering if anyone has done them before, and if anyone knows what the best seal to go with is. Any help on this would be awesome...

Thanks
    Mitch Salazar

go to skidim.com and look at there dripless setups , this should correct your problems

sounds like you need to re-pack the shaft seal, this is a fairly simple job and inexpensive to do.
    I buy the packing at skidim, give them a call

Dealership wants 200 to 300 to do this job .... Is it much more simple than that? I haven't taken a good look at it.
    2006 Supra 24SSV

It is a simple procedure. Go to the How to Forum in moomba forum and look for the thread on repacking. V drives use the larger packing. Offset the cut ends. Pack in 3 pieces tighten then see if you can get a fourth in.For 300 I would expect them to install a dripless seal. jmo
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

If you can get a dripless system installed in a V drive for $300 you had better jump on it. It is a pain in the a$$ to reach, ie under the engine, packed around who knows what in the motor compartment. Heck the installation kit is $200, that only give the service tech 1 to 1.5 hrs. Pull the shaft, remove old seal assy, install new seal assy, reroute cooling hose to cold supply, reinstall the shaft and test. Don't forget to align the shaft. I suspect a quote of $250 to $300 is for repacking a compression shaft seal rather than replacing a dripless seal. We usually get around $500 for installing a Dripless system. Good luck Al
    Supra Beast
    Custom 496 MPI HO 425 hp
    Custom Teak floor

The 200 to 300 I was qouted (can't remember which bc either way i thought it was high) was to repack the non dripless system.
    2006 Supra 24SSV