Default PCM Pro Tec Ignition...Parts & Info???

My '92 PCM 351HO has the "pro tec" electronic ignition. There is no problem with it, but out of mere curiosity i was wondering if anyone knew anything about this system. I've searched the web high and low and cannot find any information or parts for this system except for plug wires. I'm kinda scared of the day when something fails and i'm left with no parts for it. I know there is a conversion to an electronic distributor, but the motor has run so well with this system, i dont think i would want to go that route unless i absolutely had to. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    DKJ
    1992 Supra Mariah - Red
    PCM 351HO 285hp - PCM 1.23:1 Transmission
    OJ XMP 4 Blade CNC 13x15.5RH

"People do weird things to boats" -Unknown

Default Replying to Topic 'PCM Pro Tec Ignition...Parts & Info??

Check with Vince at Discount Inboard Marine (tell him I sent ya). He is the "Guru" in aftermarket inboard parts and accs. He is very knowledgeable with your system, and is a Supra owner, he has done his time in the trade, and is very helpful in all aspects. He can also give schematics and tips on these motors. You can reach him at (803)345-0096, or, www.skidim.com. Hope this helps. Brian Raymond

Thanks for the reply Brian,

I'll definitely give him a ring re the schematics. Basically, i'd just like general info and specs on what makes the system tick. From what i understand, its just a VERY basic ECM, kind of a stepping stone between points ignition and EFI. Again, thanks for the reply, and i apologize for stealing some of your posts referring folks to A. Cooper. He's just been so helpful to me, I felt i had to pass the info along to others in case you didnt get to it.

Cheers,
    DKJ
    1992 Supra Mariah - Red
    PCM 351HO 285hp - PCM 1.23:1 Transmission
    OJ XMP 4 Blade CNC 13x15.5RH

"People do weird things to boats" -Unknown

I had the pro tec system on a 1991 Sunsport. It started shorting out or something when it would get warmed up. Boat would run great for 2-4 hours and then would start to stall and then would be dead in the water and would not restart. PCM had a electronic distributor system that replaces this system. Boat ran great with new system