Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Deff interested in setting something like this up here in Alberta Canada. I sold my sunsport a few weeks ago, but plan to have another boat by spring. I dont know if I necessarily would be organizing it, but I can do whatever I can to make it happen.

Shoot me a PM when you get some time and we can see what can be done.

I am very excited about all the interest in Wake the World. Just in the last week I have had inquiries about getting WTW going in 13 new locations! WOW! I am impressed how the wakeboarding community steps up!

For those of you that are interested, send me an email and I will send a packet of tips and guidelines about doing an event. PM's won't let me attach the files.

[email protected]

Greg

Let me give you the first few steps of making an event happen.

1. Find the group home or children's home. I have done this by using google maps. Zoom to you area and then search "children's home" or "group home". Make sure they are OK with the program. There are several videos out there plus our website for them to look at. You can make you first contact via email. Don't promise you are going to do this, just find out if they would participate if you do.

2. Find a suitable venue. You will want a place that can handle the number of boats and is safe to load and unload your passengers. We plan for 3-4 kids per boat. So if you have 30 kids you will want 8 - 10 boats. (you can do it with more or less boats, this is just a goal so that you have flexibility either way).

3. Set a date. (we plan for a weekday for safety & dock space) Once you have these 3 things, you won't believe how easily things come together. Don't believe it, just look at Wake the World Oregon on facebook. They made it official on Sept. 24th and they are getting all kinds of support.

4. Talk about it. If you just talk about it people will suprise you.
    Last edited by Wake the World; 10-05-2011 at 09:45 AM.