Default Shattered glass in winshield, 2006 sunsport 24v

Victim of a freak mishap on last outing of the year. Center windshield glass shattered. Should I try to replace glass or buy a entirely new window componenet including frame/hinges and just put in place?

I think you will find the cost of the whole window will be very expensive. I would just take it to a local glass dealer or call the manufacture of the windshield.

most of the glass people i talked to so far cant cut he glass since it needs to be slightly curved, and Supra so far has stated replacement window is not avaliable. Do you know the original glass vendor for 2006 model year?

Found this place. Know nothing about them. Hope this helps. http://www.marineglassspecialties.com/about.php
    Chauncey 2000 Malibu Response LX Monsoon 325

Quote Originally Posted by meproff View Post
    Victim of a freak mishap on last outing of the year. Center windshield glass shattered. Should I try to replace glass or buy a entirely new window componenet including frame/hinges and just put in place?
    I've seen a lot of people run into this nightmare of a problem. Taylor Made is probably the OEM but they'll only sell you the complete windshield. If I were you, I'd be making an insurance claim and letting the dealer sort it out.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

2006 supras used PCM (pacific coast marine) http://www.pcmw.ca . I had to order the whole windshield when I broke mine a few years ago and it took quite a while to get it.