Thread: 94 Labrisa

Default 94 Labrisa fuel vent??

Well it time to put her for the winter away already . It has been a nice summer but our Canadian summers are way too short.. I picked this boat up last fall and only got it out for a half hour test run on a cool fall afternoon. This spring a had the interior replaced and did lots of little stuff like reposition the battery, repair the wiring to trailer lights, get lights on the boat working, replace the depth sounder, replace inboard speakers and stereo deck, replace raw water pump impeller, replace prop, and replace one of the circuit breakers that kept popping on me and almost had us paddling back to the launch. We were able to get out quite a few times and it ran like a top except for the weak breaker one day. I have lots of projects on the to do list and wish I had a heated garage to work on her all winter but no such luck so it will probably be next spring before I get a chance to do much. Need to wet sand and install decals unless someone knows of a reasonably priced wrap that would look good on there? I want to thank everyone on this forum for all the post and info, I’m always looking for insight and information and usually I can find something about it on here. One thing I would like to know and haven’t found is what exactly should be on the exterior of my boat at the fuel vent? My vent is at the left rear corner of my boat and appears like a plastic fitting that should have some sort of cap on it. Mine looks to be a open hole and I wonder what I’m missing? Picture attached as well as some other pics of boat before and after. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by oilking; 09-20-2011 at 12:04 PM.

More pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images

looks more like an outlet for disposing of ballast than a fuel vent. Fuel vent is very small!

Nope, thats the fuel vent alright. It exactly like the one I took off of my 90 Mariah this past spring(I wanted a little bling), I thought she deserved a stainless vent! So if you want my old one, you are welcome to it- it is complete- yours is missing the cap. Just p.m. me your address, and I will box it up! P.S. thanks for sharing your pic's with us!!

PM sent. Thanks a lot for the info and help.

Got your parts boxed up- will send out Friday. I am including the entire assy, as I do not need any of these parts anymore. You can probably just use the vent cover, and not go through the hassel I did of trying to get the stubborn hose off your old assy! I hope this works for you- and be sure to seal the assy to the hull if you have to replace the entire part!

Part arrived Yesterday and fits perfectly. Again THANK YOU VERY MUCH. This forum and the People on it are Awesome. Thx.
    It's just in time to hopefully go out for a cruse this weekend then put her away for the winter. Cant wait for next year..

Wow that took awhile! Maybe the postal workers walk the packages across the border! Anyway glad I could help' and glad it fits your boat! We are trying to take a friend from France that is visting out on the river this weekend, and show him what REAL boats are all about! Well keep in touch, and take and post more pic's when you can!