Default K&N Flame Arrestor Pic

Hey guys,

Just had to show off Mariah's new toy; a 14' x 3' flame arrestor. It was $100 at Summit Racing. And yes, it is a USCG approved flame arrestor. It gave me about an extra 100RPM/1.5mph on top end. Regardless of that, it was worth it for the Tim Allen "grunt grunt" factor over the wimpy 9" arrestor.

Cheers,
    DKJ

1992 Supra Mariah - Red
    PCM 351HO 285hp - PCM 1.23:1 Transmission
    OJ XMP 4 Blade CNC 13x15.5RH

"People do weird things to boats" -Unknown

Default Replying to Topic 'K&N Flame Arrestor Pic'

DKJ - that looks nice! Did it help any on the bottom end? I'm always looking for more power out of the hole.

Now I've seen your flame arrestor and your bent strut, post some pics of the entire boat in the Pride and Joy section (unless you already have, and I just missed it.)

Kraig

Its hard to say about the low end grunt aspect of it because i did ALOT of maintenance at the beginning of the season and only had the boat out once between the maintenance and installing the flame arrestor. I would probably say it helps some though. She comes out of the hole like a banshee and the sound is AWESOME when the secondaries open up. Here's a link to my boat pics in the pride & joy section. http://supraboats.com/msgboard/read.php?TID=526

Cheers,
    DKJ
    1992 Supra Mariah - Red

Nice boat! I can't believe you got that painted, wet sanded and buffed for $700. That's a good price.

I just noticed your ignition system. Is that 4 different coils? Did that come stock, or is that one of your additions?

Thanks bro,

The ignition system is four separate coils. It is the PCM Pro Tec system. They put it on the 351 HO motors from '92 to '96. It makes the boat run great, much better than our old mastercraft that had points ignition. I just pray nightly that nothing goes out on it because i dont think parts are available for it any more. The only option is to convert to an electronic distributor.

Cheers,
    DKJ
    1992 Supra Mariah - Red

Was that Pro Tec only from '92-96?

I have that on my '91 Mariah too. Didn't know if that was added, but all the manauls I got with it, had the info on it. Not sure if that was an upgrade, but I was shocked when I went to pick it up and noticed it wasn't points!!

I like that K&N on there. Looks great. after I fix my little ding in my prop, that maybe my next upgrading.

I was just making a rought guesstimate on the years the ProTec was used.

Here is the URL for the K&N Flame Arrestor page.

http://www.knfilters.com/marine/boats.htm

The one i bought was Part #59-3314. You will also need a vent hose adapter (listed on the same page) for your crankcase vent tube. I bought my filter from summit racing; it was a good deal cheaper than the K&N online store. Summit did not have the adapter in stock though, so i had to buy it from K&N.

Cheers,
    DKJ
    1992 Supra Mariah - Red

Has anyone installed a K&N filter on a new boat, I have a 05 21V and wonder if it is something to look for. By the way I have the 325 hp engine.