Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default '87 saltare + trailer - $850 -- potential v-drive project

Here is an opportunity to make a saltre into a v-drive....

for sale, a 1987 saltare, hull and trailer project... no engine/drivetrain. $850. Trailer brakes are not functioning, however i just towed this 100 miles without incident. This boat has not seen much love over the past 5 years, the Interior was removed, some cushions and seat frames remain. Floor is rotted on the driver side. Contact me if you are interested.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    mr.jrc -- 1986 Supra Saltare

Wow... Trailer alone is worth $1200 even without brakes. Someone get on this.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

If I had the time and wasn't getting married in May, I would seriously consider it as I have a 454 sitting at my friends...
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

could you send me some more pics? im looking for a saltare project for the winter. [email protected]

saltare 014.jpg

This boat was sitting outside for the last 5 years. It must be gutted... floor, foam, stringer removed and replaced to be brought back to life.

I have 2 options,
    1. let it go as is, a donor hull for a project like a v-drive conversion and sell for the value of the trailer, today $850
    2. or, if you are so inclined, bring your own trailer and take the boat for $0. I'll fix up the trailer as a winter project.

So, i don't see any value left in the boat today, but for someone motivated, it could turn into a really cool project, but you have to get the boat on the cheap for a project like this. So that being said, this is as cheap as it gets, if you want the donor hull only, bring a trailer and you can have it for free, or take the boat and trailer for $850.

This is an ideal project for someone creative. If I didn't just buy a Saltare and have a newborn, this would already be in my shop getting ready for an epic remake.

Agreed. Like many others, I've ended up replacing/rebuilding a bunch of stuff along the way that I originally thought was good enough as is. Might as well start with just a shell if you're gonna redo everything anyway. Great price & refreshing to see a realistic seller. Hope someone brings her back to life.
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

going to post this on e-bay tomorrow, the wife is not a fan of having a second boat in the driveway.belt_france.jpg

if you were closer to idaho i would take it in a second.