Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Some wake surf videos...thoughts?

Here's a few from this last weekend...probably the best wave we've had so far.

Looking good OKe, you've got some room to venture back a bit in the pocket
    What board are you ridin'?
    2005 Supra Launch 22ssv - yellow/black

It's an older Liquid Force Venture IIRC. Yeah, that was the best wave we've gotten so far. Hopefully we can duplicate it this year and get lots of riding time in.

nice what boat are you using ? i have a 89 mariha wanted to surf behind it didnt know if it was big enough wake i have two 400 lbs sacks.

Okie,

Please let us know what you are riding behind, position of ballast including #'s, and speed. Thanks man! I want to learn as much as I can before I try it this summer.
    Kevin

1993 Supra Sunsport
    5.8 351 HO PCM @ 285hp / PCM (40 A) 1.23:1
    Acme 422 Propeller 4 Blade 12.5 X 15.5 RH 1" Bore .105 cup
    Ballast: (2) 540 lb and (2) 350 lb Straight Line Launch Pad
    Wakeboard: CWB Absolute w/ Faction bindings / Surfboards: Hyperlite Coex & Broadcast

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability." ~John Wooden

89 Sunsport...the weight is set up as follows.

400# bag under rear bench seat, ~half full.
    400# bag in ski locker, ~half full.
    2 350# bags in rear surf side...one next to the motor and all the way back towards the rear seat and one on top of it going onto the rear seat.

We play around with front weight and I think I might have had a few hundred pounds front and center that day. We had 4 adults, 3 kids on the boat.

We run around 10-12 mph...always sketchy on exact speed since no PP, but we typically try to watch speed and rpm's as well as wave shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Okie Boarder View Post
    89 Sunsport...the weight is set up as follows.

400# bag under rear bench seat, ~half full.
    400# bag in ski locker, ~half full.
    2 350# bags in rear surf side...one next to the motor and all the way back towards the rear seat and one on top of it going onto the rear seat.

We play around with front weight and I think I might have had a few hundred pounds front and center that day. We had 4 adults, 3 kids on the boat.

We run around 10-12 mph...always sketchy on exact speed since no PP, but we typically try to watch speed and rpm's as well as wave shape.
    Cool! Thanks! That's very helpful. I have 4 sacs. (2) 540lbs and (2) 350 lbs. I think I will set mine up the same as you. Did you reinforce the ski locker to hold the weight of the bag? If so, can you post up some pics so I can see what I need to do?

I plan on cutting out the plastic under the rear bench to be able to get one bag in there. It would be nice to get another one hidden in the ski locker.
    Kevin

1993 Supra Sunsport
    Wakeboard: CWB Absolute w/ Faction bindings / Surfboards: Hyperlite Coex & Broadcast

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability." ~John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by kvand347 View Post
    Okie,

Please let us know what you are riding behind, position of ballast including #'s, and speed. Thanks man! I want to learn as much as I can before I try it this summer.
    Kevin,
    Another key to your surf setup is making sure you're in deep enough water. In anything less than about 7' to 8' your wave is going to get mushy and washed out from reflecting off the bottom.

Chad

Yes I did reinforce the ski locker. I also rebuilt the rear seat so it was stronger and more roomy.

Last edited by Okie Boarder; 05-01-2012 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Mueller View Post
    Kevin,
    Another key to your surf setup is making sure you're in deep enough water. In anything less than about 7' to 8' your wave is going to get mushy and washed out from reflecting off the bottom.

Chad
    That's great info too. I do a lot of riding on the WI river which is mainly under 10 ft of water. Might have to go to some of the deeper lakes and play around a bit.
    Kevin

1993 Supra Sunsport