Default Help Fixing Swim Platform

Any ideas on what a 2004 swim platform is made out of? Mine has tons of cracking in it and now a nice shaved part on the side from blowing into rocks. It almost looks like bondo (pink). The bottom is cracked up as well. I would want to redo both the top and bottom. Fiberglass? Marine bondo? Suggestions?

Anybody got a swim platform they want to get rid of near WI?

pics ? , its all fiberglass bud , just sand/ grind down the area of the (stress cracks ) and either fill with new fiberglass bondo , or put new fiberglass mat and resin , depending on how many cracks and area it is in .... either way it might be easier for you to take it to a body shop and have them repair the cracks .. or you can tackle it ... its not that hard really ..

Sorry no pics of the damage. It is already in storage off site and am just thinking about what to do in spring. Your answer is what I was looking for. Definitely will do it myself...nothing difficult about laying fiberglass or using bondo!

If u gonna lay fiberglass , only use enough for the repair , don't overlap onto the gel coat , just make layers and then use the filler to seal and smooth it all up ... Take pics ! That's how most of are DIY guys learn lol good luck

After further looking, my platform seems to be off a 2000 model. It is a rounded platform with no grab rail on it. I don't think mine has gelcoat on it...it looks like 2 layers of paint. Not sure if this is a homemade jobber or something real. I know, I know...pics. I will see about getting some this weekend. For now, here is the only one I have.

May 12,2011 108 (2).jpg

I have a whole thread on here with pictures on my repair, but I cant find it?? I have searched and searched? But I rebuilt man, brought it out 1-1/2" so it was a little bigger, I used BIGGER wood in it to make it stronger than it was and then fiberglassed it better that it was made. Do a search, but I cant find it. It was prob 1-1/2 yrs ago?? Good luck. Jet
    89' Comp rebuild thread:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...1923456&type=3

89' Comp Mod's and fun pic's:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...6666464&type=3

89' Supra/Custom Tower & Interior/Swivel Racks
    4 Blade-14X14/1600 lbs Ballast
    Roswell Bar/Led's/Krypt 6.5 HLCD's/Krypt 4200 Eq
    JL-Kicker Amps 2000 Watts/Kicker Interiors/L7 Kicker Sub