Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

There was quite a bit of pain the first night, but they did a good job getting it under control...kept the drugs coming...LOL. They are already doing some light PT and I repeat at home actually moving the knee some. After just a couple days I can say it is feeling better than before the surgery and I'm looking forward to working through the healing process.

Here's a pic of the large incision (may be a little gross for some). I'm thinking some ink enhancement might be fun once it is healed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Behold, it's alive - Frankenknee! Best wishes for a full & speedy recovery.
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

LOL...thanks!

Looks like your knee stringers are rotten. This is a common problem with pre 1992 knees. I suggest you save yourself some money and start the DIY replace knee stringer winter project. Remember to post lots of pictures, like when you remove the cap and all the grinding.

P.S. That is going to be one project were you are going to need a lot of beer.

LOL...awesome!

using the whole fist there, doc? lol

that's a whopper of an incision, very stylish too. were they charging by the staple? i've got a large ss implant (femural rod) and have never set off airport metal detectors. i wonder what it looks like on one of the xrays...i've been through but they didn't say anything.

happy healing!

Well, so far so good. I've been to PT a couple times and been doing exercises at home (bending the knee, leg lifts, toe/foot movement, quad flexes) and things are going well so far. It's amazing how much the muscles have weakened and how much range of motion I've lost already. Right now I'm in a full brace that's just the padded type with the metal bars in it. After the incisions are healed I go back into the nicer hinged brace. Pain is doing well and I was able to stop taking one of the pain meds a couple days ago. It definitely takes a bit of an emotional toll not being able to sit or lay certain ways and do certain things. I've been resting, doing my exercises and trying to keep busy as much as possible to pass the time. I'm looking forward to being able to get back into work and a more normal routine. My wife and kids have been great...very helpful and caring. That is truly a blessing!

Went to the doc today for my ~8 week follow up. He said everything is looking good. He released me to drive (which my wife is really happy about). I'm also now able to start some weight bearing and more aggressive PT. He wants me to start with about 25% weight bearing this week, 50% next and so on. I should be off crutches in another month if all goes well.

Glad things are looking up

You have another two months before board season.
    So get on pt

90 bravura 351 1.23/1pmc40 Pefectpass stargazer wake
    You only need two tools wd-40 and duck tape
    If it should move and doesn't wd40
    If it moves and shouldent duck tape

Hey Okie, I hate to hear that you injured yourself and Im glad you are getting a good recovery. I saw your xray and it inspired me to show you mine lol, not to over do yours or anything, just thought some would want to see other xray pics.

Also, you said something about trying to cover the scar up with some ink. The tattoo artists say that you need the scar to have healed for 2 or more years. I also tried covering my scar up with this