Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default whats its worth ....88 supra

sorry guys but need help on howmuch i should sale my baby for....work is slack and gotta sale...hopefully ill be back in another supra by summer.so we have a 1988 supra bruvara this boat has only seen rain maybe twice in its life.has always been garage kept.there has been some modifications made.i got rid of all the teak except for swim platform.the rear cover in which was a ski locker has been inlarged for ballast.rear ballst is two plastic 55 gallon drums "tight fit"..front ballast is 45 gallon square plastic tank .i have not yet ran plumbing for pumps but have purchased scoop for the install and two pumps..need 4 more pumps but cash got tight.so i just fill when i get to lake .this set up puts out a beautiful wake,my boy has 08 launch and i swear my wake is almost identical to his,sitting still the swim platform is about 6 inches under water,this boat puts out enuf wake that i backroll over my 6 foot buddie with him standing straight up on his board.has black carpet inside due to factory blue was ugly.all interior has been done in silver carbon fiber vinyl,the rear interior has been lets say "reshaped" due to ballst install,fuel tank is located under rear seat,has a aerial tower that has had tubing added for support and also has swivel board racks off my buddies 08 launch ,he went with different ones,towerr speaker box was made out of stainless due to my height i hated hitting my head on cans,so it now houses 4 4x6 on the own kenwood 4 channel amp that rock crystal clear.also has bennet trim tabs in factory supra locting which helps big time with plaining,has brand new acme 913 prop and also new stainless factory size prop,has sony remote head unit with two 10 inch ma audio subs in a band pass box running off jbl amp,the system really rocks out.boat has the 351 windsor in it with right at 600 original hours,all plugs and oil changed every year,transmission has new bearings and clutches,also new shaft seal packing.boat has been vinyl wrapped but has few small nicks a scatches from last 4 years,has tinted windshield................................now for negative,one blower doesnt work,one does,i took door off going into front cabin and misplaced it when i moved,i never closed the door so i removed it,boat has big scrated in fiber glass on front left below water line which i had checked and they said was ok just eye soar on trailor,most people dont notice it,also front is marked up front the roller thingy on trailor where you hook up winch rope,once again nobody notices........i would say for an 888 this boat is a 90 percent mint boat,very very solid and strong........whats it worth......help....i have idea but dont wanna sale my self short....thanks sorry for my spelling and grammer,computers are not my thing
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by wakeup; 11-27-2011 at 12:35 AM.

also it comes on double axle trailor
    Last edited by wakeup; 11-26-2011 at 10:01 PM.

How are the stringers and floor?

floor and stringers are solid,had soft spot in floor on drivers side so we cut it out to replace and check everything and the foam wasn't even wet,the soft spot was where we keep our cooler all the time ,I did remove the plastic insert when your feet go on drivers side and just make it smooth with the rest of floor.while we had carpet out I put three layers of fiberglass resin on before we installed new carpet

good looking boat, if you dont mind me askin how much was the wrap?

1800.00 for wrap

come on guys,47 views to this thread and Boone can tell me a ballpark I should ask for her....

Well what are the basics ? Year , make , model , hours on motor , condition of boat interior / exterior .. What comes with the purchase ? Trailer tires condition , Overall out of pocket money spent ?

No one wants to be "that guy" and throw out insulting numbers. I'll be that guy though... I'd say $10k at most, probably more like $7k-$8k. Closed bows aren't in high demand, and many, like myself, would only buy a closed bow if it was a really good deal and couldn't find any solid open bow boats within a 300-500 mile drive. When I think closed bow I think $2500-$5000 SN2001 purely for a cheap bare bones boat with a decent wake. If it was open bow, maybe $10k-$13k.

Wow! Nice boat man. Mine will be 100% redone (floor included) by spring and be of the same niceness but without the wrap. I would also say around 9500-10k asking price but dont let any buyers walk, make a deal and sell it! Its a nice starter boat and nice ski boat so advertise on some of there sites and market it to best of both worlds to the skiers and a great starter boat that fits in the garage. Nice boat man, where have you been?? I thought I was the only one. lol. Jet

post up a few more detals and pic's. I would like to see more.
    89' Comp rebuild thread:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...1923456&type=3

89' Comp Mod's and fun pic's:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...6666464&type=3

89' Supra/Custom Tower & Interior/Swivel Racks
    4 Blade-14X14/1600 lbs Ballast
    Roswell Bar/Led's/Krypt 6.5 HLCD's/Krypt 4200 Eq
    JL-Kicker Amps 2000 Watts/Kicker Interiors/L7 Kicker Sub