I'm getting a little tired of wrenching instead of boating.

My prop shaft slide out of the tranny today and the prop hit the rudder. Every blade on the prop is bent. I got the shaft back in and was able to come in under my own power, but it was vibrating like crazy. Anyone ever attempt to straighten a prop on your own?

After sitting for 20 minutes to fix the prop shaft the engine had the same problem as before with a hard to turn over issue. After trying several times I did get it to turn over and crank and just like before it was hard to keep idling. The two hours before it had run flawlessly. It took almost two more hours to idle back to the ramp and the boat ran great at 1,400 rpms. But as soon as I tried to idle in ramp area, it was impossible to keep running. When cranking at this point it would easily turn over, but just wouldn't fire. Stupid. Spitting nails.

So outside of obviously fixing the prop, I'm going to try messing more with the carb. I was given a fully functional Holly 650 tonight and I'm going to try it next time to see if the experience is any different.

But I'd really like to just throw in the towel. It's summer now and I'm just ready to use the boat.