Hi Guys,

I've been an owner of my 04 SSV for 2 seasons now. Lurked around here for awhile enjoying reading up on others projects, etc. I am now stuck with my own service issue and have searched the internet for a coupe days without being able to find anything very helpful. I know this is my 1st post but hopefully I can be welcomed in and anyone with experience can shed some light.

<Issue>
Engine will not turn over. Makes the sound of dead battery (basically just a dead knock when keys turned). Checked and re-charged all batteries so they are not dead. All other electronic systems on boat seem to be working.

<Background>
Since last season the boat has often been odd/hard to start. When turning the key, it would often make the sound of a dead battery and then if I held it for a couple seconds it would start to turn over and then fire up. Other times it would sound like a dead battery, I'd turn key back off and then when turned back on it would fire up. I feel like this was probably the starter on its last legs(?)

Now it just won't turn over no matter what. Would you agree the starter is a good place to check first? If so, this leads to the main point of this post- where exactly is the starter on my boat (04 SSV 325efi)? Anyone know the replacement part number? Is there a service manual I can get for this thing to help with these issues and repair jobs? I am fairly handy and would like to at least be able to try the starter job myself before footing the bill to a shop.

Thanks and I hope my long 1st post isn't met with distaste