Threaded View

Default New Supra La Brisa... How's the wake?

Hi guys wanted to join the forum and ask a few questions about my new boat. Ive owned an older 86 Supra Sunsport for about 5 years now but found such a great deal on this boat i decided it was time to upgrade to ALL fiberglass and fuel injection!!! So anyways I bought this boat while on a business trip in Michigan and Ive owned it for 2 weeks. Its a 96 Supra La Brisa. The boat was in pretty good shape and had been kept under cover, but this was still definatly a project because at the time of purchase the engine would only run 15 mintues and then mysteriously die. After purchasing I found that the original owner had been on this same exact forum trying to find answers to his problems. Per his old posts he had taken the boat to 4 different mechanics who apparently couldnt fix the problem. I guess he should have brought it to me Anyways I ended up replacing the low and high pressure fuel pumps and found that I had 70 PSI on the rail!!! No wonder the old high pressure pump was so hot! Anyways i traced the problem back to the gas tank. Someone had swapped these two barbed fittings that look the same, but one has a check valve to help the fuel pump hold its prime. The check valve was placed on the return line therfore none of the fuel was ever making it back to the tank and the high pressure pump was working way too much. Swapped the fittings and fuel pressure was a perfect 32 psi, problem solved. Now that ive got the boat running im working on updating the exterior and interior. The interior was in pretty decent shape, but had pink/ purple piping throughout. That just wasnt quite gonna cut it, hopefully some of you guys dont flame me for this, but I ended up using the vinyl paint and repainted many pieces of the interior to give it an updated look. Ive got to say the vinyl paint looks really great, just hope it holds up fairly well. Ill be vinyl wrapping the boat in a few days and ill get some updated pictures once i do. Ive attached some pictures of when i first picked the boat up and some pictures from last night when I finally finished the interior. Let me know what you guys think.

ALSO!!! If any of you guys can give me an idea of the wake on this boat i would be really appreciative. I know its not gonna throw a wake like my sunsport did, but im hoping it can be pretty decent with a few sacks. Ive got an ACME 913 on the boat now so it can handle as much weight as i need to put in it. Just wondering if anyone has any experience riding behind one of these? Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images