Thread: cold cylinders

Threaded View

Default cold cylinders

So i'll try to make this long story short and maybe one of ya'll can figure this out.
    It all started with water in the oil this spring. I checked compression and found cylinder #6 to have no compression. I sent the head off and it tested bad so i installed new cylinder head and reassembled, retimed and got her running but kinda rough. I then felt the exhaust manifold at each cylinder and found #2 and #7 to be cold, so i replaced cap, rotor, plugs, coil and wires. No change. Pulled the fuel rail and the injectors looked like shit so i replaced those. Still no change. Checked injector pulse with a noid light and had pulse. Did a rudimentary check for spark by pulling the wire and putting an old spark plug in and starting the engine, seemed to have spark. also checked for color on both 2 and 6 and no color( all the other plugs are black like its running rich). Any ideas on what to check next? Could it possibly be fuel pressure affecting only these 2 cylinders. Would a bad ground do it? Or an ignition control module? I need some help here. I'm tired of chasing this gremlin.
    Forgot to add that when i put a timing light on those cylinders it is very erratic.
    Oh yea, the engine is a 2000 indmar 325 mpi
    thanks
    Last edited by 2500HD; 05-05-2015 at 06:48 PM.
    Function before fashion!