Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
AFAIK, Viper has problems shipping things and answering his phones during his NASCAR season (he builds tube frames and is always under the gun.) People on this board feel that he's given them the run around.
When he gets so busy, or stays busy, he ends up subbing out the work to some other shop so you are not actually having your boat worked on at Viper. Taking apart a buddies boat that supposedly had the interior replaced less than 10 years ago at Viper and it is a train wreck in there. Tons of rot on what was supposed to be new wood, the wood doesn't even match side to side on dimensions, they reused the old foam and cut many other corners. This boat does not sit outside and is always thoroughly dried after every outing so, how the interior is shot after less than 6-7 years of minimal use is beyond me. Never mind the fact that he missed the deadline by months originally and never would answer the phone, took the owner driving up to the shop and confronting him to get him to work on it... This is the worst that I have heard of and I am seeing it first hand. Being in a service industry myself, that is no way to run a business and I would be very leery of doing business with anyone who runs their shop like that. If he is too busy then he should turn away work, I do the same thing, quality over quantity.