Threaded View

Default 1990 Supra Comp TS6m - first boat!

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Put a deposit down on a 1990 Supra Comp TS6m. This will be my first boat. Boat looks to be solid. Going back for a second look this morning. Single owner. 570 hrs. Kept on a lift in a covered boathouse as the story goes. Dealer took it on trade last fall. They serviced it and winterized it. Straightened and or rebalanced the prop shaft through one of their vendor/partners. They seem to concentrate on much bigger boats what I would call higher end cruisers. So this boat is kind of an odd duck for them.

Anyhow I've been reading up on Comps here. Great info on what to look for when buying used: soft spots in fooring/stringers/engine mount/stress cracks/transom... I'll be taking a closer look for all of these potential issues this morning.

Hull and everything on the exterior looks solid. Mostly concerned about floor and stringers. Hopefully they won't be soft! Not sure I'm up for replacing/doing work like this.

In general do you guys think this is a good choice for my family we have 2 boys 13 and 15 with skiing and wake boarding in their noggins! They're avid snowboarders. I understand this is a ski boat and other models are better for wake boarding but this is in the price range. 5k

Hoping to get a few opinions. Sry for the length of th post!
    Last edited by Suprafan!; 06-23-2015 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Adding photo