Greetings:

I have a 2008 Supra 21 V Launch with the Indmar 340 Assault.

I notice that water was puddling in the bilge just under both locations where the exhaust exits the transom. I determined this by lowering the boat into the water with the engine off. While minimal, it is puddling at both locations where the 8 inch? diameter rubber exhaust tubing interfaces the transom....not sure of the correct terminology. Anyway, this exhaust tubing is held in place with hose clamps.

The boat is 8 years old and I haven't touched the hose clamps. I was able to tighten the hose clamps yet I'm not sure if this will solve the problem without spending more time on the water with it. On the outside of the transom where the exhaust exits, there are about 6 screws that attach the rubber gasket/flap to the transom along with a hose clamp. While I didn't check the screws, I tightened the hose clamp.

One of my questions is what is the exhaust tubing connected to at the transom wall. I turned the screw on the hose clamp a number of times...is it possible to overtighten? I'm guessing there is some type of "pipe sleeve" that runs through the transom that the interior exhaust tubing and exterior gasket/flap connect to. Can a leak develop around this pipe sleeve? Any help on this is appreciated...thanks...John