Threaded View

Default Newbie Questions

So sorry in advance for the newbie questions but I have done a fair share of snooping and have not found the answers to my questions.

I have a 1990 Supra Saltare in great shape mechanically, the stringers need to be redone but she throws up a great wave with our fat sacks and I plan to make a suck gate soon. We get out on the lake 10-20 days a year?

Okay now for the questions,

Where can I get replacement parts for this old girl, especially the instrument panel section, small side windsheild, and windshield seal?

Also how much can I expect to pay to have the stringers redone if I pay a shop, if there even is one here in Colorado that can do it?

Last but not least I see a lot of awesome older boats on here. What are peoples feeling about redoing these old boats as opposed to buying a newer one? Is it worth it to put 10 grand in to this Saltare over the next couple of years or should I sell the boat and use that money to buy a newer 30 thousand dollar boat? What is the new boat going to give me that I don't already have?

Best radio and speakers for this boat?

Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by 1990Saltare; 07-17-2016 at 04:40 PM.