Thread: 1989 Sunsport

Threaded View

Default 1989 Sunsport

Been reading through these threads a bit and finally got one. Just picked up a 1989 Sunsport and got some questions about it. Going to be using it for wake boarding and surfing mostly. I'm very happy with it the few times I've takin it out. I'm aware of the stringers pretty commonly rotting in these and plan on redoing them someday, not today though..First thing I need to do is trace some electrical because it starts fine cold but then I can't shut it down for the day or it won't go again, sounds like it barely won't fully turn over.
    I was told it has a different deck on it to not interfere with the wake but I need to reinforce those braces and am wondering the easiest way to get to them?
    The previous owner didn't take the greatest care of it, needs a few gel coat repairs and am wondering if anyone's just redone the whole gel coat and about what that would cost? With a paint job maybe? Or if it would be better to just do the 5-10 repairs individually?
    Seats need some love too but they can wait till the seasons over.
    I'm in SF Bay Area, CA
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Rcweltz; 08-31-2016 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Been trying to add pics but the page keeps coming up blank
    1985 Sunsport

2010 GMC 1500