Hi folks
I'll soon be partaking in a complete stringer job on my 87 Sunsport Skier and I wanted to see if anyone had the actual dimensions of the wood that comes out of these things.
I'm trying to come up with a viable composite option for the stringers and I've found a few products that are intriguing. Here's one that I thought might work if I could find long enough boards and perhaps fill the core channels with Seacast. 300001008.jpg
These composite boards are exactly 1" wide by 5.5" tall. I thought they might work but I'd like to hear some thoughts on how I should test them out prior to use. Most importantly, I obviously need to know what the actual dimensions of the original stringers are first.

I also had the idea of building forms the size of the outer dimensions of the original stringers, and making them out of layers of epoxy resin with 1/2" schedule 40 PVC tubes embedded lengthwise into the epoxy. It would end up as a hollow core rectangular board, looking somewhat similar to the board I have pictured above. However, I think it would be more rigid and lighter as well. I would experiment beforehand and these are only crazy thoughts right now...I'm not just going to start throwing this stuff in the boat. More than likely I will be talked into wood...but I'd really like to see if I can find a composite option first.

I guess the easiest question to start with is: If price was no option, what composite material would someone replace the original stringers on these boats with?