Quote Originally Posted by onebadgt View Post
Sounds like a good time and being that I am in north Ga I would only have about a 2-2.5 hour drive. Sorry to sound like a newb but since I have not attended before what is the typical scene? Does everyone tend to hang out on and off the lake? I keep reading after party? Would this be a better guys trip or family friendly? Just would like to be prepared and make the best of it if attending.
Main house is in Marietta, Lake house is in Blairsville. Both about an hour and half drive to Chattanooga pulling a boat so I would hope it wouldn't take you that long from N. GA

Gogger pretty much explained it. We start to gather on Friday afternoon with a few boats. Hang around, talk and finish with some water sports, then on to dinner. Usually conclude around 10 -11 pm at night. On Saturday morn, we tend to gather around 10 - 11 ish if we aren't looking for new props and start the whole thing all over again. Saturday has a lot of families of all different ages and we raft up for while and eat lunch. The afternoon is busy with everyone doing their own thing but usually in close proximity. We also do congregate on several boats and sacrifice ourselves as ballast to the surf gods. If you're lucky enough to wipeout, then we try to capture that image and put on the internet for the world to see. After an early dinner, we try to go back out and cruise around till sunset or jump the cliffs. Sunday morning is pretty much the encore mirroring the prior days events before the curtain falls in the PM.

The after party is an extended vacation started for the northern entourage. It is an invitation only event as we have limited accommodations on Lake Nottely. This year's after party is booked full already, but we may still have a few slots available for those just coming in to spend the day. Last year's after party was all couples so the atmosphere tends to be somewhat different than the actual reunion.