Threaded View

Another update,

Unfortunately, it isn't related to the tan wire going to the temperature gauge. Pulled it and still had issues. Took 1.5 hours to for the issue to start happening today. Finally got it to start by running perfect pass at 22 mph for 10 minutes straight. Once it starts it happens between 30 seconds - 2 minutes into driving above 2000 rpm.

Still pretty sure it isn't perfect pass related, because it will occur with or without it engaged.

Still wondering if this is limp mode. It doesn't seem to match, because it will run in minute spurts above 2000 RPM. It just doesn't like to do it a lot. My dealer said if limp mode it would be 1200 RPM and a buzzer. Haven't heard the buzzer sound yet.

When the issue happens, the engine misses for a couple seconds, then pops a couple times. Maybe like miniature quiet fire crackers going off. Never kills the engine, and goes away after pulling back below 2000 RPM. It seems as though it would keep doing it, unless you pull back below 2000 RPM.

I put the new TPS back on, and it caused rough idling operations again. It did not have the coughing issue during this time, but didn't leave it on longer than 5 minutes.

Probably put on a fuel pressure gauge on it next.

Current questions I've been pondering to myself:

1) Is this limp mode or not?

2) Does anyone know if the engine stores codes for mechanics to read later? The other option is run it on the river near the shop, when the issue comes up, call up the shop and have them send someone down with the computer to observe.

3) Maybe the transmission oil cooler? Leaving the engine off for 10 minutes at a time seems to help. And it always takes an hour on the lake for the issue to come up.
    Last edited by tbs156; 08-09-2017 at 09:56 PM.