Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by kodybyron View Post
    ya but how do i get a bolt and nut on that door? i mean one side you have the wood or some other kinda compressed wood looking material and on top you have the sun deck's vinyl?
    Kody,

First off I agree, not a great design... they should have done this with a bolt/locking nut combo before putting the vinly on the panels at the factory. Few options here...

1. One option to get a nut/bolt combo in there is to have an upholstry shop strip the skins and then bolt them up with a locking nut then have them restretched back on the piece. Probably $50 each I would guess. If mine starts to do this I will be doing this.

2. Jay also had an idea of using some type of glue/adhesive to stop the screws from coming out, this also might work. Give this a try, it would be a cheap alternative to taking it to the upholstry shop.

3. Could you relocate the bracket plate to a different area of the panel to allow new holes to be created?

4. Go with a larger screw? and apply the glue/adhesive when doing this? possibly use a PVC glue? that stuff seems to hold really well but is messy and probably permanent.

Just a few options... if I can think of anything else I will post it up.
    Last edited by Fman; 07-26-2010 at 07:41 PM.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV