Hi guys. I was out with my new to me 1990 sunspot on our family holiday. The boat has always had a hard time turning right. Never paid mush attention to it. Was out tubing with the kids on a hard right turn when I hear a loud clunk. Suddenly the steering is really easy. Only problem was it wasn't turning.

We were a long way from the launch site so I had a paddle out while my wife ran the throttle

Managed to get us back on the trailer and out ofthe wTer. Sure enough the whole rudder is gone. Snapped clean off where it comes through the hull.

That was yesterday. Skidim has a new generic one for $398 or $389 US (can't remember which). I called skierschoice as well and they refered me to my local supra supplier. Their cost for the actual suprA unit is $414 cdn. Both units will require me to pay shipping fees as well. I am looking somewhere in the neighborhood of $150 for the supra one. Skidim didn't have an estimate even until it was boxed and ready to be sent

With the price being so similar I am curious which way you guys would recomend I go with this? I have no care at all to stay "factory" on this boat. Whatever works and works the best in this case. Apparently both units require me to make the hole in the hull bigger. So I don't even save anything there

Any thoughts? I want to get this sorted out pretty quick as our summers are short enough in Canada as it is