Threaded View

Question 86' supra sunsport rebuild

Hello to all !!

I have just newly became a owner of a 1986 supra sunsport , and have found out that i will be doing a CAP OFF restoration :

With that said here is what i plan to do ....

- remove motor ... done

- remove top cap of boat .... done

- remove flooring and foam and clean inside of boat ..... done

- replace stringers and lay a new drainage throughout the boat with no FOAM ....... done

- repair previous owners mistake mounting wake tower with out back plates ( fiber glass cracked ) ......done

- Re build seating bases and re upholster the whole boat ..... done

- install rudder seal and check for wear and alignment

- install new flooring , new carpet ...... done

- re seal swim platform and replace hardware and fab up backing plates and thru bolt assembly

- install new exhaust manifolds due to being cracked , depending on if i try and braze them .. ( prob not) .... replaced with new PCM

- remove supertrapps and replace with 3.5 stainless tips with integrated flapps ....done

- Drink A beer ... ran out .... got more

- find a wake plate assembly and install , a guy called "wakeup"said he has one so still waiting to hear back ..... not an issue

- I am still contemplating on painting the boat due to how much it cost and ive never painted fiberglass ..... it's at the paint shop !

- Install new wiring for radio and update the fuse breaker box ... 8 infinity's 6.5 10" infinity sub x2 , 3 alpine pdx 2 channel amps

- run new wire for speakers and LED accent lighting .... later

- install new radio and new speakers

- install new rub rail

- drink a beer

- fiind out how to lift boat off trailer to rework the trailer and bunks

- rebuild velvet drive , due to no reverse , anyone ever done this ?.....done .... very simple

- put it all back together ...

tell me your thoughts , concerns , "been there done that " , do do this ... ect

Thanks alot for all the help and look for updates along the way
    Last edited by lively; 05-01-2012 at 08:45 AM.