My boat needs most of the surfaces recovered. Is it completely crazy to try to tackle it ourselves? If we were okay with one color, could we just buy the vinyl on our own? We have done this in the past but it was all pretty basic cushions and stuff on an older boat. I am trying to think if it would be completely crazy to take off the vinyl, lay it out on a new piece, trace the patterns, and then cut them our own. I am pretty good with a sewing machine so I could then possibly sew the patterns back together.... I am not pretending it would be as good or as pretty of a job, but when we are talking a few hundred in vinyl vs. a few thousand...it is tempting to try on our own.

Alternatively, where the heck do I find someone with the patterns for this interior??? I have been looking for quite some time but aside from someone doing a custom job for us (getting quotes of 2-3K) is there another option? I hit up Copycat which was recommended, but I was quoted about 2K just for the vinyl...not counting shipping.

Thanks all!