Some of you know about my prop shaft slipping out of the transmission and my prop getting dinged up when it hit the rudder. Well, I was wanting a new prop, so this just gave me a little more motivation. Taking the advice of some people here, I called JT at Nettle Props. After finding out about my boat and my activities, he recommended a ACME 541, 13x12, 3-blade prop. JT assured me that I'd like or he'd find me one I would like. The prop that got damaged was the original prop.

I test drove it last night. Unreal. Unbelievable. If I had known it would make this kind of difference, I would have bought one a long time ago. My hole shot is significantly improved. The mid range ride is SO smooth. It's like butta. And I picked up 6 mph on the top end. I can now easily hit 44 mph. It is like a different boat.

I had a friend ride with me and he owns a 2008 Nautique V-drive. Something like a 20 or 21 footer. He said his top end is 41 mph, and my hole shot is much better. And he supposedly has a "performance" prop add-on from when he bought it new. He's now interested in seeing what he can do to improve his performance.

Love it. I'll be at the lake all next week and you won't be able to wipe the smile off my face.