I bought my "dream boat" several years ago, a Ts6m like the one I had skiied behind when I was a kid. I immediately had the same heartbreak as many of you when I pulled the floor and found rot and waterlog. I pulled the floor, dug out the foam, spooned out the stringers, and started replacing. I recut the stringers from dry pressure treated 2x material, then took it to a local fiberglass guy who built boats for years at Norris Craft in La Follette, TN. He glassed them in beautifully, and had planned to put a floor in it for me later. A month or so later, he got sick... and never recovered. That was when my boat went on eternal hold. Now I have a garage that is plenty big for me to restart my project. Here are the issues from the past that worry me now:
1. I didn't "shore up" the hull when I pulled and replaced the stringers. I understand that this could have adversely affected the hull shape?
2. I didn't split the upper and lower hull... everything in the bow seemed solid, and I was worried that I couldn't put everything back correctly. The stringers were rotted from the drivers seat back, but I was cutting solid wood in front, so I reattached the new stringers to the new wood up front. Mistake?
3. I have some 1/2" marine plywood that I planned to floor with, and was depending on the "new" foam (that I haven't done yet) underneath to ad rigidity to it... after a couple hours of reading what you guys have shared, I'm not sure I want to foam it. I am now considering 3/4' pressure treated plywood without foam.
4. Since I didn't shore up the hull to replace stringers, and didn't replace the wood in the front of the boat, would foam add back rigidity and safety that I may need?

I hope that this boat will give a piece of my childhood to my two boys... but I don't want them to look back in 30 years at Dad's crazy renovation project that's sitting at the bottom of Norris Lake. If items 1 and 2 have sealed the boat's fate, then I will kill it now before going any further. Please share your opinions.