Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The Outback is a perfectly good slalom boat Laz, we have one in our 3 - 4 boat rotation so I drive and ski behind one regularly. Fit and finish compared to the Supra equivalent is pretty plain jane but that doesn't affect how good a slalom boat it is. Bang-for-the-buck wise the Outback is probably the best slalom boat value on the market IMO. If you want fancy interiors, more bells and whistles etc you can get a Big 3 boat (or a Supra) for a LOT more money but you're right, you can't really justify the difference in price versus the (very small) difference in performance.

Ed

Smile

I agree with Ed. The Outback is a fine ski boat. Quality is excellent and it is a nice looking boat too. I just prefer a few bells and whistles as well as some nicer features. The Outback just keeps it to a minimum. Nothing wrong with that. In comparison to the other higher priced ski boats, the Outback is arguably the smartest choice you could make bar none, but keeping our ego in check is hard sometimes.

Default little things make the difference

Quote Originally Posted by scmarketing View Post
    There are no current plans for us to build a new direct-drive 3-event boat. The reason is simple ... we simply don't have enough demand for the product to justify the cost of development, production, and marketing. We understand and appreciate that we are blessed to have both TS6 and LTS loyalists who want us to build the next great slalom boat.

We do hear you. We appreciate your interest. And we will continue to stay abreast of the market and attuned to its very specific needs. Bottom line: never say never.
    I can understand whats driving the market here is wakeboarding,but waterskiing is making a comeback. My friends ski store last year sold 75 high end slalom ski's.So things are changing.
    On another note I have a few complaints about my 2002 Launch SS,mainly the use of non stainless steel hardware!! ie seat sliders for drivers seat,clasps
    for engine box tie down at rear,mounting hardware for lifting shocks for rear
    ski locker,also bolster bracket for drivers seat.I have replaced all the hardware
    with stainless replacements for under 150.00 except for brackets for bolster seat lift on drivers seat.A fabrication shop wanted 400.00 to make those,I could buy a whole new seat for 600.00
    Anyway thats my only beef with Supra,I owned a Naughtique before this boat and they do not cheap out on marine grade hardware and I am sure
    niether does Malibu or Mastercraft.
    Remember there is alot of Ocean out there with alot of good skiing so do the
    little things right so we do not have to upgrade these parts to something that will last and not rust.I do my own repairs so its not too much$$$ but alot
    of people do not and have to pay 90 per hr shop fee plus replacement parts.
    Dave

I am with all of you. I bought a 89 Conbrio last season just for that reason. I ski, I don't wake board. My kids are into Skiing now because I ski. Their comment is everyone wake boards lets ski instead. I know they will likely want to try wake boarding this year, but our reinds have a new 20SSV, and they ski behind my boat so we'll board behind thiers.

I love the wake and preformance of my but my wife would like a more family frendly boat.

Cheers

Skeezer

I have the same 2002 Launch SS, love it for the very reason that I can Ski and wakeboard with just a flip of the switch and a little ballast trimming. Looking for a barefoot boom now, I managed to step off a ski for the first time in 20 years in September. What a adrenaline rush. The fear of falling face first! I do love the boat though, very family friendly and a big floating party platform for those days we don't ski.
    Jamie Warwick
    Rowlett Texas
    2002 Supra Launch 22

Default Quality For Sure!!

I have been skiing behind Supra boats all of my life! My father owned a black 90 comp, a red 97 sunsport and now a 08 22ssv. I pick up a 99 legacy about 5 years ago! My uncle also has owned 2 Supra boats and still has his '90.

When ever I get into another boat the quality has never been there! Supra is so plush and I would love to see a new DD! I love skiing behind my Legacy, best wake ever!!

One day I hope I will own a brand new Supra DD!! We are waiting!

Default Supra Missing the Boat

Likely now to never happen. I think there is a window of opportunity for another manufacturer to come back into the comp boat market right now if done right. Good basic slalom boat (with world class wake and tracking of course) done at a too-good-not-to-look-at price. If you hadn't heard it looks like it will be Centurion who takes the plunge. They're coming in with a new comp boat, the Carbon Pro, which should be available by spring and reportedly will be around $5 - 10K less than the Big 3 current offerings. Reportedly they have gotten major imput from the top tournament drivers and skiers and are doing it RIGHT. Centurion has a long history with comp boats as does Supra, one of these two could have made it work and it looks like it's Supra who may be missing the opportunity here. Quite a bit of info on it on the Ball of Spray forum http://ballofspray.com/vanillaforum/categories.php under the "Other Stuff" heading. Scroll down to the the "Carbon Pro" thread. Considering how much Supra has put their money on wakeboard boats and considering how much that market has shrunk in this economy I think it's a shame that Supra doesn't have the foresight or balls to at least take a look at it. Their loss.