Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Natural colours on our spot, no photoshop or anything else !

Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

That is a wonderful picture Sdc77! My father was in the navy. He had a saying; Red sky at night-Sailors delight. Meaning if the sky is red at night the weather will be generally good the next day.
    1991 SunSport

Thanks inair for your comment
    Yes the day after was shninny, but today it was raining all day long, and it will be the case until next Thursday
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

Tonight. High of 92 today, still 75 degrees at 9:30pm. (pic taken at 7:30pm)

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Default September Pic Thread

Looks like a good time to ride! What are the Lawson ridin at dusk?

It was just too nice to stay in and cook last night so my wife and I ran up to the lake and did an evening cruise for dinner and then cruised some more after dinner.

Taking from our table with drinks in hand, still 88 degrees and not terribly humid. Why did summer wait until now to show up?
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Quote Originally Posted by villain View Post
    Looks like a good time to ride! What are the Laws on ridin at dusk?

830.365¹

Waterskiing, surfboarding and similar activities

No person shall operate a boat for the purpose of towing a person on water skis, surfboard or similar device, and no person shall engage in waterskiing, surfboarding or similar activity at any time after sunset and before sunrise.
    LOL at "surfboarding".

So, technically when the sun set at 7:30pm we aren't supposed to take one last surf set...

And of course we wouldn't push the limits...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

However, we were riding in the Columbia River. So literally a couple hundred yards north of where we were riding is WASHINGTON. There is actually a state line that is in the river (not necessarily the center of the river either).

The WA law says:

RCW 79A.60.170
    Water skiing safety — Requirements.

(5) No person shall engage or attempt to engage in water skiing, or operate any vessel to tow a water skier, on the waters of Washington state during the period from one hour after sunset until one hour prior to sunrise. A violation of this subsection is a misdemeanor, punishable as provided under RCW 9.92.030.
    So I would say that since OR and WA laws conflict that I should get the benefit of the doubt when boating on a river that is on the state line...

Here is a map of where we ride at. The red circle is one of our spots (where we were last night), and the pink circle is another area we frequent. As you can see, those two areas are pretty obviously on the Oregon side of the state line. But a lot of areas would not be as clear cut...

Last edited by trayson; 09-11-2013 at 11:49 AM.

Yup....more reason to move. Love me some night surfin.

The river I ride on is the state border. MN and WI have slightly different boating laws. The river itself has its own set of rules but it does not address water skiing. We have been told that they will enforce whatever set of regulations apply to the state where your boat is registered.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.