Default 91 comp Cutting out at top speed

OK this is my first post, I will try to make it short as possible yet provide all the details and info
    This past spring my boat had been in the garage for 16 month due to job relocation and a new son.
    Decided in early spring to change out everything I could that was old and or neglected while I had time.
    New
    Plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, rotor, rebuilt carb, impeller, thermostat
    Changed oil, fuel filter, gaped plugs and set timing
    After getting the Carb dialed in the boat has run as well as it did when I bought it new until yesterday.
    As we headed in just before dark the lake was like glass so I opened it up. After about 30 seconds at top speed I notice a slight reduction in RPM about 2000 and then intermitted missing not really a back fire just a chug and miss with reduced power and speed. Backed it down, ideal was smooth neutral rev-up was smooth and sounded great. Punched out of the hole again same thing. I was getting dark and I had my 3.5 year old with me so I did not do any really trouble shooting on the water. I was think fuel pump, anyone else have ideas? I believe the fuel is good, filled up the truck at the same time. I also have a fuel filter and water seperator also new this year.

try a different coil. Not just a new one. A known working one.
    1992 Supra Comp Ts6m 5000 Series PCM 5.8 HO Pro Boss Protec Ignition (not converted) w/ 4010 "Fish Bowl" Carb
    1.23:1 tranny
    "Silent Rider. Quiets The Competition." muffler isn't so silent anymore. ITS HOLLOW!

1989 Correct Craft Martinique B/R PCM 5.8 Power Plus Package

1984 E-Scow

Sounds to me that you might have a carb issue. I'm no expert at carbs (and actually had someone rebuild mine b/c i couldn't tune it right), but since its bogging down at top speed it might be a leak somewhere (check valves, leaky o-ring at the fuel line connector...). The more throttle you give it, the more pressure the vacuum creates. So I'm guessing that the chugging or misses your getting are from the leak opening and closing back up. I'm sure someone will chime in here, but in the meantime Holley has a good forum and I'm pretty sure they have a few posts regarding the same issue.
    Last edited by awesomesteven; 09-17-2013 at 02:59 PM.

Yeah that would be my guess. Seems like it may not be getting enough fuel or air.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers