Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Got off work at 4pm. Changed clothes, transferred boards from truck to boat, drove to launch. At launch by 4:15pm. Boat launched, tied up to dock, truck parked, and back at boat by 4:30pm.

Enjoying a cold one waiting for the wife and my buddy...

How the night ended after 1 wake and 2 surf sets...
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Is that a LF Fish surf board? If so, how do you like it?

Default OCTOBER picture thread! (who's still boating?!?)

We went out on the 13th. The weather in northern GA was still pretty awesome.

My buddy was riding on his birthday when he caught an edge after landing. The best we can tell is that his right foot came out of the binding. This allowed the board to come around and attempt to scalp him. I was really lucky he didn't knock himself out as out spotters were under 5.

After seeing what looked like a shark attack amount of blood. He was able to get himself on the boat. Once we had pressure on it, the bleeding subsided to a manageable level.

Two hospitals and 13 staples later, he was all put back together again. I guess it was a freak deal, but I think we may start wearing helmets.

Hopefully, he will heal up in time for our thanksgiving ride.

Ouch! Glad he's ok, that must have been a little scary for everyone on the boat and him.

We had an accident like that last year at Allatoona. My 18yr old son took a fall and did not come out of the bindings but still the board edge smacked him good in about the same location as your pic. Same result. That much blood sure did get my attention quick! Glad your friend is ok.
    1991 SunSport

Quote Originally Posted by biggsie View Post
    Is that a LF Fish surf board? If so, how do you like it?
    Yeah, I got it new during this season. It's incredibly stable on the water and it has a lot of forward rocker so it's hard to sink the nose and submarine the board. I have the 5'6" board. It's great, although it's not everyone else's fav on the boat. But it's definitely a goto board for beginners--especially ones that are bigger. If I had to do it all over again, I'd just as soon have the 5'0" board because I'm only about 160. So, if you're looking to buy a new fish and down for the 5'6 like mine, then just buy mine with the money you were gonna spend and I'll use that money to get into the 5'0! hahaha!

It's a fun board for carving and it sticks to the water like it's glue.

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

getting the surf wave dialed in. It felt really good last night.

Video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_URe...byaqcWDthvZXCQ
    Last edited by trayson; 10-23-2013 at 06:49 PM.

Our cession today. Air was 59°F, water was 55°F

Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    getting the surf wave dialed in. It felt really good last night.

Video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_URe...byaqcWDthvZXCQ
    Nice work! Loved being able to sing (rap) along...diggen the Biggie Smalls!

Please don't tell me you plug your nose before going under...Hahahahahaha!
    Kevin

1993 Supra Sunsport
    5.8 351 HO PCM @ 285hp / PCM (40 A) 1.23:1
    Acme 422 Propeller 4 Blade 12.5 X 15.5 RH 1" Bore .105 cup
    Ballast: (2) 540 lb and (2) 350 lb Straight Line Launch Pad
    Wakeboard: CWB Absolute w/ Faction bindings / Surfboards: Hyperlite Coex & Broadcast

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability." ~John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by kvand347 View Post
    Nice work! Loved being able to sing (rap) along...diggen the Biggie Smalls!

Please don't tell me you plug your nose before going under...Hahahahahaha!
    I plead the 5th.