Default Scared of the Carpet (Boat carpet that is)

Ok stringers, foam, floor all replaced and glassed ready for carpet. I am scared to death i am going to screw this part up, and it's the part everyone will see and notice. I have never installed carpet and just wanting to know if anyone has any tips or advice on the easiest way (if there is one). Or should i just pay to have someone do it? I am ordering 20oz marine carpet, havn't decided on which adhesive to use yet.

Thanks in advance,

What boat are you putting carpet in. I just did carpet in mine and I just measured everything and cut it out a couple inches bigger and then trimmed it once it was in the boat.
    2000 Supra Launch- perfect pass, tower, kicker kmt60 tower speakers, 4k lbs of ballast
    1992 Sanger FX-22- project

90 Supra Comp, and i will not be doing the carpet under the bow. From the front seat to gas tank.

What I did was get a 6ft roll and cut in half and ran one on one side of the boat and the other half on the other. Then just pieced the other sections together.

2000 Supra Launch- perfect pass, tower, kicker kmt60 tower speakers, 4k lbs of ballast

yeah i thought about that but i didnt want the seam in the center up front.

My seam is about 2 inches apart and I have it glued and real tight. You could never even tell. In that picture that isn't my seam that was just the piece of carpet I was gonna use sitting there. It turned out real good I just don't have a picture on my phone.

Actually I found one

That piece of floor in the middle is removable and my cooler is in the smaller rectangle in the floor.

not sure if you split the hull or not. but here is mine with the hull split

86 Saltare