Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Also going to check coils. Do you guys have a good and easy method for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

a bad fuel pump would not cause a bad battery/ no start issue. You need to find that issue then move onto you original post problem that could be a fuel pump. easy and obvious first.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

Quote Originally Posted by CornRickey View Post
    a bad fuel pump would not cause a bad battery/ no start issue. You need to find that issue then move onto you original post problem that could be a fuel pump. easy and obvious first.
    UPDATE, Took the boat in, had quite a few error codes. The main issue was a low bat/ low voltage error that caused the electrical system to go haywire, making the fuel system flood the throttle bottles this being an issue and having a hard time to start after it would start acting up after 45 mins- hour. Also an overheating code too, which maybe it was going into limp home mode? Anyway the mechanic said he was out for about 2 1/2 hours and the boat ran perfect. So i suppose we will see next season how everything works I/m having it winterized and putting it up for the winter. So what are some things I can do to prevent these error codes? And I really hopes this help someone else having issues with their boat.

THE ISSUE REMAINS: Ran on hose for 1 hour ran fine. took to the water started acting up after about 1 1/2 hours. Starts to run rough while idling but does not seem as bad as last season. When the mechanic had it he cleared all the error codes stating that was the culprit... explanations in previous post. The only thing that seems different to me is it sounds like the fuel pump is sucking air??? I replaced the fuel pump last season so I know its fine. Also for some reason this issue seems to start 45-1hour while the boat is under a load and then when I get home to fire it up and flush it, it has a hard time restarting but always starts back up. I can always seem to restart the motor.... ANY IDEAS GUYS?? Thank you for reading all of this and thank you all for trying to help. I just can't stand throwing money at mechanics who don't fix the issue. Just want to plug it in to a computer and tell them whats wrong so they have a quick fix.

Default Rough idle indmar assault efi

I would like to see what people have as a response to this cause I to have this issue from now and then. Runs great for about a hour or so then when it's at idle it starts sputtering and almost dies. Sorry I don't have a solution but maybe someone does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You wrote that your mechanic cleared the codes. Did he actually fix any of the causes?

Also, whenever I have an engine that runs great cool, but acts rough when hot, my first thought is ignition coil. It is very common for coils to work when cool. But misfire when hot.

Did you ever find any debris in the fuel when you dumped out the filters? The tank could be dirty inside, and after running for a bit the debris that was settled at the bottom of the tank gets shifted around and sucked into the fuel system. Also, how is the condition of your fuel lines? Those start breaking down over time and you may be having an issue with a fuel line collapsing while under pressure.

Do you have the ability to check the timing? That can cause issues too.

Are all of your plugs gapped correctly?

Just a couple more suggestions to check out.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

Quote Originally Posted by CJD View Post
    You wrote that your mechanic cleared the codes. Did he actually fix any of the causes?

Also, whenever I have an engine that runs great cool, but acts rough when hot, my first thought is ignition coil. It is very common for coils to work when cool. But misfire when hot.
    Yeah thats exactly what I asked when he "cleared the error codes", he states that I needed to keep a hot battery at all times, which I've done. So in all actually he didn't fix squat.

Zim,
    A buddy and I worked on the boat for a couple of hours the other night here is what we did and found.

1. Checked fuel pump for leaks, Inspected fuel rail and flow, took an air hose and blew out the fuel pickup line from fuel tank to fuel pump, line is fine the line is not brittle or soft. all flowing normal, we didn't have a fuel pressure gauge. Cleaned fuel filter, didn't find any debris.

2. Inspected fuel injectors, both working spraying evenly in throttle bodies, we did remove inspect and cleaned anyway. Didn't find any trash or debris in filter screens. Diaphragm was fine to. Replaced and ran boat on hose, now when we did this the flame arrestor was off and we noticed that when it starting running bad there was a white residue inside the throttle bodies we are thinking moisture???

3. Then we decided to inspect the tank, pulled some gas from the bottom and put in a water bottle, we noticed small bubbles floating to the bottom of the water bottle and ALOT of fine brown debris, the small bubbles floating to the bottom we think are moisture and small amounts of water am I on the right track guys??

4. Completely drained fuel tank at this point, and there was quite a bit of moisture under the floorboards when we pulled them up and inside the hull. Pulled the tank out dumped the rest of the contents in a bucket and wow, guys there was large pieces of plastic, brown debris, dirt grit and some other stuff I have no idea what it was!

5. Tank is out and completely empty drying in the sun. Putting it back together tomorrow and filling with some fresh fuel, new fuel filter and see if that resolves the issue.

And Zem, as far as coils go, the mechanic supposedly inspected and stated they were normal and also distributer cap and rotor. And also put 8 brand new spark plugs, I'm assuming they are gapped correctly but i suppose I will check, Kind of losing confidence in the mechanic at this point. They just want quick money and to move the next boat in.

If you still have problems when you get it back together, it might be time to find an Indmar tech to diagnose the problem. Could be a problem with the ECM...
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

The bubbles floating in the fuel is water. I think your on the right track with your fuel system. Don't discount plugged fuel lines even if you can blow air through them. Fuel and air are completely different ball games.did it have a screen on the end of the fuel line in the tank?
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001