Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Where do you have it posted for sale?

Make sure its on craigslist, onlyinboards, and ski-it-again. Those will get you the most exposure.

That's a super clean boat, looks great... just as was mentioned earlier the core ski boat crowd isn't as plentiful as it used to be.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

Quote Originally Posted by DAFF View Post
    The issue you have is the lack of seating for the boat. Many are just looking for the bow rider style and limits the buyer potential for the boat. It is a great looking boat but to get people interested the price will need to closer to the 10 mark. I would repost it using some different photos and change the add a little bit to make it seem fresh. Stress the composite construction in the add too.
    Thanks for the feedback.

I'll get new pics and rework the add etc once I get it out of winter storage. In the mean time - NEW asking price is $10,900. Tell your friends!

Yep, the reality is your boat is very small for the $$$. While it is composite, that will still only help you so much. That's a slalom boat, not a wakeboard boat, (I expect to hear gripes about that one for sure).

A non-composite with redone stringers would need to be in great shape to fetch 7-8. Yours is a composite, and in pretty good shape. I'd say start asking $10k, and expect 8-9 offers. $9k for that boat is what I would consider not only fair, but right on the money. That's also the reason I didn't even think about it. No way in heck I'm paying that much for a Comp, ever. Not when I can pick them up for $4,000 here and there, and they aren't beaters either, nice boats.

I am a fan of the old school lines of these boats and looked specifically for a composite comp classic for 2 years (finally bought one last spring), I remember seeing this boat in my search. I had a ceiling of $8,500, maybe $9500 if I came across one with the GT40 injected motor in 8 plus condition. Any more than that and I would have gone a different direction (open bow newer boat with more room). As said, very specific market for the boat.
    Just some perspective from a recent buyer.

should add - nice boat, hope you find someone to appreciate her!
    Last edited by blazerman; 05-16-2014 at 11:58 PM.

96Comp Guest

As a Comp Owner, I think it's worth $20k . What others have said about seating is true. Nowdays people want to carry 7-8 people and throw a huge wake. You can do almost all the tricks off the Comp that you can off a bigger boat - back rolls, etc. But you cant slalom off a v-drive! Try ski it again if you have not already posted. Slalom boats sold there. Also look for private ski lakes reasonably close to you and market there. Private lakes generally have size restrictions and tend to favor skiers. Big wakes erode the shorelines. Best of luck!

Try posting on ballofspray. Its a slalom water ski forum. And since you have a slalom boat you might get some interest.
    Chauncey 2000 Malibu Response LX Monsoon 325