Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Checking pins is a bit above my skill level. Not to mention it is a very tight space where the ECM is located. As soon as the river lets me I will be taking the boat out and to the dealer.

As CJD's post- The pump is loud when it works and used to run for 2-3 seconds when you turned the key. Now it is silence.

Default First Tow Home - Engine just died.

All you need is a volt meter , 10 bucks local hardware store . Black lead to engine block red lead to pin 30 of the relay and as mentioned above the delay should be 3 sec that the pump is on to prime the fuel rails you need to see 12 volts DC "direct current" on the volt meter it will be the straight line one marked . All we are looking for is if the pump has it's power to turn on . Very simple to do once you have located the relay itself .

The ECM is not the location you want to check . The relay is . And that power is fed from fuse marked fuel comes out of the right side of fuse holder marked "b" the left side of that fuse marked "a" is fed from your ignition switch . You will save you some money and learn something . Don't give up .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by lively; 05-27-2014 at 09:18 PM.
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY

So I remove the relay and test where it plugs into?

Yes . Pin 30 is the relay pin and the PIN numbers are imprinted on the bottom of the relay to help see what pin goes where . If we have 12v at pin 30 then power is there for the relay , now you will need a paper clip or small pin to check pin 87 you need to check this with the relay plugged in half way and just probe the pin when you switch the ign switch on and off . All we are verifying is that the relay is sending power to the fuel pump . Then we will know that the operating system is working to start up . Once that's clear we will move to run circuit

I tried, but it was too hard in the dark. Dealer has it now. We will see...

Awe .

Dealer just called- computer is dead. The fuel pump and fuel injectors won't fire without a bypass ground. He quoted me a price of $1500 just for the part- is there any place I can find one cheaper?

I'd ask for a second opinion .

what sucks is that there are NOT Ford ECUs. They are special PCM ECUs. And the only one you can buy are used, for about $600... And PCM refuses to release their flash for what ever reason.
    1992 Supra Comp Ts6m 5000 Series PCM 5.8 HO Pro Boss Protec Ignition (not converted) w/ 4010 "Fish Bowl" Carb
    1.23:1 tranny
    "Silent Rider. Quiets The Competition." muffler isn't so silent anymore. ITS HOLLOW!

1989 Correct Craft Martinique B/R PCM 5.8 Power Plus Package

1984 E-Scow

Good luck with the troubleshooting. Hope it is not the computer. I had similar symptoms last Summer on a 2006 21v. The boat would just randomly die and not turn back on at times. Dealer found a problem with a loose ignition switch...no problems since.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk