Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Got 2 8" Bazookas ROCKIN' the trunk of my car! They really are nice for the size, and you can adjust the sound by placement of the tube! Love 'em!
    -Rich
    1990 Supra Mariah/351 PCM 1:23-1 PCM

The amp and sub should work good. Maybe the sub is a little bit expensive IMO, but it's a finished product, so it will do the job with no hand work arround. I personally will not go for less than 12 inch subwoffer in a boat, for the sound losses of the outside environment + engine/water noise.

I love the Kenwood sound, got one in my Lebaron conv, looked great, sounded great.

BUT, Kenwood car players are not compatible with Kenwood marine remotes. Pioneer's are as long as they have a jack hole on the back ! That's my configuration. I have a 120$ Pioneer car CD player (DEH-6300SD) with a wired marine remote (CD-MR70) : works great.

If you don't want a marine remote, then the Kenwood is a good choice, with many RCA.
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

I have zero marine components in my boat's audio setup, and my boat sits at the dock with only its canvas cover, for about 8 months a year. I have had the same head unit, amp and sub for 9 years, I've replaced the speakers only once because they were old when I got the boat. The head unit is under cover in the glove box and the amp and sub are in the closed bow area. The speakers get splashed a lot but nothing more.

Personally, I wouldn't buy any marine audio component unless it was going to be exposed to the elements all the time. Maybe I've been really lucky?