Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default 1988 supra sunsport skier

Looks like your about $5000 to high still. All that gear is great but doesn't change the value of the boat! Good luck though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -cjtpilot...........1992 Supra Comp Ts6m..........351 PCM
    Big Air tower
    Radar Theory Slalom, Fulltilt wakeboard, barefoot.

I have to go along with Cusefan78. The problem you will have on this forum is the members are very knowledgeable and any 92 and under without a documented stringer and floor rebuild will never get you that kind of price. All the add-ons you installed are nice but don't add much value especially with a possible 5k stringer job in the near future its a big risk for the buyer. Just saying the stringers and floor are rock solid dosnt make it so. I would recommend putting ads on other boat classified outlets like Craigslist and onlyinboards and try to get buyers that don't know the boat and will be dazzled by the looks and equipment. Im not saying your boat isn't worth every penny but its still 26 years old and the truth is as Cuse posted ''Don't expect to get it out when you sell it. These are toys not investments''.

agreed, it's hard to hear but it's the truth. i have the exact same boat as you with more upgrades than you and would be happy to get 6k out of it. that's with a new tranny last year, perfect pass, new surf prop this year, etc. you just don't get out of them what you put into them! if you're stuck on that price definitely try craigslist, boattrader, etc. good luck!
    '88 Sunsport, 2250lbs ballast, automated surf system, home made surf exhaust, surf flap, ACME 913, Krypt 6.5 HLCD's, Perfect Pass Stargazer

2007 Centurion Typhoon to be upgraded this winter!

I wasn't bashing the boat. It's a really nice looking supra. It's just a tad over priced for the market and year. Personally I think every supra should get top dollar cause they are built so well and look great

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

Well as for the nada sheet useless try going into a dealership and offer what nada says its worth on a used boat they will laugh in your face... jtryon if your boat has all that and you want $6000 send me pics ill take it! Guess ill list it elsewhere. . Thx anyways guys...

You don't have to get angry we are just trying to be honest with you. Also dealership sales and private are two different things. If you tried trading that in you Probally would be in the 4k range if you're lucky. I would try Craigslist, ball of spray and only inboards and see if you get someone that doesn't know anything about wood stringers. You would have a better chance at getting what you want out of it. You're also fighting time right now. It's after Labor Day, people are buying snowmobiles this time of year not boats. Keep us updated, hopefully you prove us wrong. Then we know our boats are worth more then we think.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady

Don't take it so hard the thing that is holding the price down is the original 26 year old stringers. Anyone that knows anything about early Supras is going to ask about the stringers . At that point the boat has either had them replaced or not. If it has had them but no pics or documents that will keep the price down. This forum has the most knowledge about early Supras most members buy the boat knowing its going to need work and the price they pay takes that into account.

stringers are solid! boat stored on a power lift in a boat garage with a pool table and full bar, its bigger than my house. boat was owned since new by a 82 year old millionar.
    boat was stored in a heated storsge building on his property with his collector cars. Boat has not a hint of mildew smell no matter how many days sites with the cover on in my drive. so to say $5000 in repairs on a forum where someones trying to sell something sucks gonna possibly scare a buyer off of a great boat for no reason... if your not interested then keep it shut... like I said still waiting on them pics of that sunsport from jtryon with all them mods for $6000 I have cash and so does everyone else as thats a steal! if you could find these boats for that kind of money you would not see people risking their lives buying bayliner io's and putting towers on them to surf!!! so thx for your input guys!

Are you pmsing? Firsts we aren't running any possible buyers off,you won't have any at that price. What you're not getting is that water gets in these boats so water has touched the stringers. Let me spell this out for you because obviously you're a child with a very small brain. Water and wood aren't good. It causes the wood to break down which is known as rot. Unless this boat was never used by you and your millionaire then Water has been inside this boat. Now I will give you the benefit of the doubt that every person that has come out of the water toweled off before entering your pristine boat. But here is the problem, you already admitted to changing the floor so we all know there has been rot and mold in the boat. Changing a piece or all the plywood isn't solving the major issue. You just stuck a bandaid over a bigger problem in hopes no one will be smArt enough to cAtch it. Well guess what, we all did. Good luck with your sale!

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady

I never replaced any plywood! Never aaid I did! I cut out the like new plastic trunk bin and built a trunk that can hold the weight of the fatsac and not crush the gas tank. Thanks