Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

When I did my stereo system in the boat, I sold the deck that was in there (basic MP3/USB/Aux deck) and was running just a Wetsounds EQ and no head unit. That was fine for a while, but I found myself lacking Bluetooth. I ran music off my phone using a car cradle. But that meant that my phone was held hostage and I couldn't take it out of the cradle to take a picture or whatever without stopping the music. We also took the boat out to watch the Rose Festival opening fireworks in Portland and were bummed that we couldn't tune in to the simulcast since we didn't have a radio (and the internet feed was easily 1/2 a song delayed so it was worthless).

I started thinking that putting a deck back into the Supra would be the easily way to get BT (and FM Radio).
    Then a buddy of mine told me that he had a Kenwood with BT, USB, MP3, etc. that he'd sell me for $25!!!!!!!!!!
    I said "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY".
    Today I hacked up the dash enough to fit the deck on top of the WS420-SQ and think that it turned out pretty good. I never liked the look of the pocket filler I had in there.
    I think it turned out good. I had installed a master switch to send the remote turn on lead to my WS420SQ and my amplifiers, so I kept that and hooked up the deck so it's powered off the master switch too. I didn't want a staggered install of the EQ and deck, so I had to chop my dash a little over the DIN opening and a little under. It barely fit, but I'm satisfied with it. It's going to be a LOT more functional with the bluetooth, so I'm quite happy.

<P>
    And on my OEM switch panel I now have the COURT LT switch powering my LED interior accent lights. The INT LT switch powers my Tower lights. and the ACC switch powers my underwater transom lights.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Let's see, I've been busy. Of note are my Surf Blades that I installed modeled after the NSS. It's been a game changer for me, allowing me to switch from regular to goofy surf in 10 seconds, run the boat level, and have the rear of the boat not nearly as slammed as before.
    I have a whole thread devoted to it here:
    https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...-after-the-NSS

Today I did my DIY version of a fresh air exhaust. Here's how it turned out (with temp reinforcement via pipe strapping).

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Some more pics of the FAE. I will water test it the next time I go out...

Well, the water test of the FAE was a success from the sound standpoint. wow, what a difference. However, I didn't have all the angles optimized so it affected my wake and my temp installation didn't last. When I get ambitious enough to have a version 2, it'll be better. Not bad for $20 in materials.

Sometimes upgrades are the little things. Like finding a convenient place to store the Exile Bouy Balls...

Put on a video camera mount. I've since returned my ContourGPS cam and got a gopro 3+ black. Pic is of my riding my son doubles on my wakeboard.

I built a pair of flag holders on my tower out of PVC pipe.

Added some more LED to my boat... Cupholder LED Rings!!!

And LED lights in my gauges (the ones that I was actually able to change).

Also, the compartment where my amps/batteries live would sometimes get hot and my amps would go into protection mode. so I added two LED 80mm computer fans. one is setup as a pusher and the other as a puller. I also have a pair of digital volt meters to monitor each battery directly. And the court light was replaced with an LED bulb.

Excuse the mess in the compartment, I have a couple of float chargers on there and pigtails to hook up my ballast pumps to, plus the wires that go to the volt meters.

I love my blue LED's

My last mods to the boat were adding LED cupholder rings. I did these mods right before Labor day weekend.

Took my wife and her girlfriends out on the boat for a "girl's night out" to test the new goodies. I lead a rough life.

The girls were quite pleased with the Stormtrooper.

LED's in the base of the cupholders made the cups/bottles glow.

Took the boat out for a Labor Day Road trip.

I think they can patch this, right???

On the Tuesday after Labor Day, I got a message from a buddy on the forums. He offered to sell me his boat at a great price. So, on Thursday I put the boat up on Craigslist. On Friday I got an email from a friend that didn't even realize it was me that was selling the boat. I took him and his friend out on the boat on Saturday (smooth water and 90 degree weather helped) and I negotiated a deal for his friend to buy my boat. They took delivery Saturday night and it's gone! Boat was up for sale under 48 hours. I found the perfect buyer that was looking for a nicely modified turnkey budget surf boat. It was meant to be!

The day before I sold it, I replaced the throttle cable that snapped on Labor Day.

I am honestly going to miss this slalom wake:

And I took one last pic before the new owner took delivery:

Default Interested in a 1992 Sunsport. Need opinions.

What's the new boat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2000 Supra Launch- perfect pass, tower, kicker kmt60 tower speakers, 4k lbs of ballast
    1992 Sanger FX-22- project