Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

well my original plans for the boat were to replace the stringers, subfloor, new interior and re-gellcoat. I kinda feel like that list is involved enough that the new damage isn't the end of the world for this hull. the concept of find a doner hull for cheep to save some man hours isn't lost on me but the other part of me really wants to bring this one back to life. we have had a few boats, for some reason we love this boat the most.

I would strip that boat of everything useful and salvageable, and take the hull straight to the dump. That is dangerous no matter what fix is done to it or who does it. Stinks to say but sometimes you just have to cut your losses. Nice boat, its a shame.

I don't feel like it can be written off yet. the visible damage in just un reinforced 1/4 fiberglass, no wood structure. Once the hull is split and further inspection is done......maybe its salvageable maybe not

just in case, does anyone know of a hull for sale? or places to look?

Yeah actually there was a guy last week that wanted to buy a comp but it ended up being a beast. The boat was trashed but the hull was good. It's in service section under comp

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

Considering you were planning on replacing the stringers and redoing the gel just fix it. It will make great before and after pictures.

I disagree. The hull is buckled. I don't know what your skill sets and equipment are, but it's not just about patching and grinding at this point. If you don't put it back together right you could end up with the hull being permanently twisted or bent. Without being able to drop it back into the original mold, I think this is a very real possibility. You could end up doing all that work, and then the cap doesn't fit back on. Or you manage to the the cap back on but the boat doesn't run right. Finally if you don't get a really solid bond between your patch material and the existing hull, you could do all that restoration work, and have if fail in exactly the same scenario. Look at it this way, would you buy that boat if the PO showed you that photo and told you he repaired it when he did the stringers?