Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cadunkle View Post
    it's like pulling teeth to get a third to come out.
    One thing I really miss about living on the lake is that there's really no Marine Patrol presence mid-week after Labor Day. So we would go without a spotter (except for the dog of course) all the time, right after work. We even set up a rail in front of my house one fall - something that would have really raised a stir in the summer - and wakeskated around the cove, practicing on the rail over and over. It's funny how crowded and regulated the lake is, until suddenly no one cares about anything until next June.

We've gone out without spotters so much of the time that during the 3 months when you really need one, I sometimes forget, until someone points out, uh, don't we need a third?

I'm so spoiled it's very rare to have the police on my lake. The few times they do show up everyone alerts everyone. Plus most of the time they go after fisherman and leave the skiers and boarders alone.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

I have one more weekend, not this weekend, but the next. That's my last weekend on the boat. I'll winterize after that. I have a few things that need to be taken care of this winter so it's kind of welcome this year.

Bill

We went out yesterday. 10/1 got in a couple sets. It was around 72 degrees. Water temp was brisk but no wetsuit yet. We are supposed to have a cold weekend. Highs in the 50s. Next wednesday looks like 70's again, but lows in the 40s everynight water temps will be dropping. Going to hold out another week and then think about putting her away. Summer went by too quick.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

Pulled mine off the lake last week.
    Acid washed and polished it up proper.
    Washed the carpets. Fully winterized the engine etc. and cleaned the upholstery.
    Covered her up and tucked her way In heated storage until next May.
    Always a sad day!

I'm in Warsaw, In Jasun.

Default Who is done for the season??

I'm up on Dallas lake about 35 min from you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    86 Saltare

Done here in Northern Colorado --- still plenty of days in the 70's + - but the nights are now getting 30 and below.

Besides - 2 weeks ago, my local lake was already 63 degrees.

Nothing like the 95 degree days and 78+ degree water at Lake Powell last week!!!
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

Summer kinda missed central IN......don't get me wrong it was a nice season, but it only broke 90 twice! It didn't get "warm" till July and then half of the weekends were washouts. Labor Day was wet and with the exception of last weekend it seems like its been crazy windy. Couldn't catch a break.

I drained the block and changed the oil this week......we're done.
    Ken
    2017 NXT22
    2009 24SSV

We were out yesterday air in the 80s water in the high 70s . I wont be winterizing until late November. For you IN-IL guys if you want to get in a couple more days Clinton lake IL . It has a nuke plant on it the warm side will be open until Oct 15 water temp will be mid 80s.