One of the oldest's groupings.

So, Sunday night we went out for the first hunt. My FIL's buddy took us out to several spots that had potential. A lot of what we went through was sage brush areas of the foothills where we were driving access roads and we would stop and spot for a while. As we got close to the end of the evening we went in an area that was near some sugar beet fields and spotted several doe and a couple bucks. We decided my FIL and I would post up on a couple bluffs across from the fields with my youngest. The oldest went with my FIL's buddy to a different spot looking near those same fields.

We had a deer walk right below the bluff, cross the creek and go into the field. It was a nice 6 point mule deer and was definitely a shooter. I could see the youngest getting ready to shoot as soon as it was across the creek and in the field. It seemed there was a struggle and I later found out the gun was having problems. My FIL gave him his gun to use, but it was too big. My son got a couple shots off, but missed. I managed to get a picture of the deer standing on the other side of the field.

My oldest saw several nice white tail bucks, but didn't have a great shot and wasn't 100% sure our tags covered white tail, so he didn't shoot.

Monday morning, we went back to the same general area, but went down on the fields. We saw a few small doe and that was about it.