Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Insurance Claim

Carpet is easy. Pull it up sand down the old adhesive and glue down the new one. Think there was a post about seadeck on here a few years ago.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Stal1026 View Post
    UPDATE ON CLAIM-Was able to get a quote, from pictures I sent to a company. $5300. The carpet replacement he estimated around 2000? Has anyone replaced carpet or had it done? Cost? Difficulty level? Can I replace the carpet myself? Has anyone removed carpet and put down a sea deck/foam type material? Would use the extra cash for fresh air. Boat is going into a different shop saturday for a quote.

thanks and I will let you guys know what happens.
    Keep in mind a couple things:
    1) whatever you get as your settlement offer from State Farm, you can take the money and use it however you choose. You don't have to get your work done at shop A or shop B or even at any shop.
    2) Too high of estimate and you'll be transferred to their total loss division where you'll then have to go through a valuation of your boat and then they'll have to do a valuation of the salvage value for you to buy it back, and then you're gonna end up with a boat that has a salvage title.

If you get $5k estimate and you can fix stuff yourself for $1k, then do it and pocket the difference.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Default Insurance Claim

I'm pretty sure boats don't have salvage titles... I bought a boat that state farm salvaged after the guy hit a log underwater.... Title was no different than any other title I have ever seen
    2000 Supra Launch- perfect pass, tower, kicker kmt60 tower speakers, 4k lbs of ballast
    1992 Sanger FX-22- project

Might vary by state but at least in MN and WI there is no salvage or branded title on a boat. The insurance companies may fuss about insuring something with a previous "total loss" associated with it, though.

Carpet is easy. I used indoor/outdoor carpet from the orange store about 7 years ago and it still looks great. I doubt I have $200 and a full saturday worth of labor into it.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Insurance claim update

State farm is cutting a check for 5500. Boat will have new carpet, back bench and new cover. Have to say state farm has been very good and I did not have to argue to get things paid for. Getting it all done, do not have the time to deal with the carpet in the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Stal1026 View Post
    Insurance claim update

State farm is cutting a check for 5500. Boat will have new carpet, back bench and new cover. Have to say state farm has been very good and I did not have to argue to get things paid for. Getting it all done, do not have the time to deal with the carpet in the spring.
    That has been my exact experience with State Farm. They come back with fair estimates of repair costs and value of insured items. So much so that like yourself, they aren't even worth arguing.

My camping trailer was totaled recently and they came back with a value that was pretty dead on market value. I would have been hard pressed trying to argue for more. That's really nice when it's that easy.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.