Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Pretty solid? I don't know anything about a lot of these materials, but it looks bullet proof. And it's got to be hundreds of pounds lighter than the original.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

Quote Originally Posted by TitanTn View Post
    Pretty solid? I don't know anything about a lot of these materials, but it looks bullet proof. And it's got to be hundreds of pounds lighter than the original.
    Thanks! It definitely will. Can't wait to be done!

I painted the floors, bilge, and transom with bilge paint. Since fiberglass isn't technically water proof, I used this as a barrier coat. I added flakes to the areas that may be exposed. Once this dries, I will glue in the carpet.

I got the motor dropped in.

Bow bulkheads/closeouts were removed. They will be replaced with a couple layers of travira and glass.

My girlfriend helped removing the exposed wood. This will be replaced with trevira and 3/4" aquaplast where the tower mounts.

Last edited by flipz96; 03-23-2015 at 01:13 PM.

This is a job well done! WIsh i could have done mine all composite, you are very lucky to have those resources available!

This boat is going to be awesome, looking great. I love all of the composite work as well.

Looking good.

Here's another close up of the area that will be exposed when lifting the cushions, engine box, etc.

I laid up some trevira where the bow closeouts used to be. I'll add another layer of glass.

I used PL adhesive to secure the 3/4" aquaplast where the tower mounts to the deck and used 3 clamps to hold it while it kicks. These will also get a layer of glass.

I made my removable floor with 1/2" ABS plastic. Since I was using the 3/4" (plus glass) Airex foam for my floors and once I lay the carpet, it should lay flush.

I also used csm on the underside of the deck knuckle. I tried not to lay heavy since there isn't much room. I still have to cut/grind the excess glass.