Thread: Gt-40

Default Gt-40

When was the GT-40 available on the Comps?

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/bod/5013761294.html
    -cjtpilot...........1992 Supra Comp Ts6m..........351 PCM
    Big Air tower
    Radar Theory Slalom, Fulltilt wakeboard, barefoot.

1986 comp did not come with the fuel injected GT 40 motor. Someone spent quite a bit of money on this boat. I hope they paid as much attention to the stringers

That gt40 is a major upgrade. Only thing better would be if it had the first run of intakes. That motor is from around 96

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Hagman View Post
    1986 comp did not come with the fuel injected GT 40 motor. Someone spent quite a bit of money on this boat. I hope they paid as much attention to the stringers
    Doubtful, I cannot fathom why someone would spend the amount of money on both an engine upgrade and a stringer job and elect to stick with the Supertrapps.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Ok, I was thinking this guy is full of it. I knew him growing up and see nothing has changed. lol
    -cjtpilot...........1992 Supra Comp Ts6m..........351 PCM
    Big Air tower
    Radar Theory Slalom, Fulltilt wakeboard, barefoot.

haha, yes, "Custom Installed" but not "by factory." However, it is a pretty easy upgrade, once you get your hands on the engine. The exhaust on the GT-40 is 3.5" so you have to change something there. You need to run a return fuel line back to the tank. That's about it for major changes, besides lifting the engine cover to accommodate the larger volume of the engine. I think the first year that engine appeared was '95, and that one looks exactly like the '98 that's in my boat. But they didn't change a lot over the years, CuseFan is probably right.

1995 was the first year pcm used the gt40. It's also the only year they went with an intake that has separate air tubes for each cylinder. To save money they went to a cast intake that's solid like the one that's on your boat. The first batch of intakes are the more sought after ones. That motor is 96 or newer. image.jpg here's a pic to show you the intake difference

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers