Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

What is it going to? If you bring it down to idle , then rev the engine in neutral does the temp cool right down?
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    Have you checked the raw water pump? What about the transmission cooler for blockage? Do you have a strainer on the water pick up line? Did you cook the old impeller and if so, did you pull the thermostat and find as many of the pieces as you could? Do you have any blocked passages anywhere before the thermostat? Did you replace the gaskets on the risers and manifolds?
    I checked the trans cooler for blockage and there was none. The impeller is new, already flushed all the hoses and motor from the previous impeller falling apart. Im going to pull everything and flush again tomorrow and see how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by docdrs View Post
    What is it going to? If you bring it down to idle , then rev the engine in neutral does the temp cool right down?
    The temp will keep climbing all the way up, when under 3500rpms it'll stay at 160. Yes revving it in neutral brought the temp down.

Check all pre impeller clamps, could be sucking air at higher rpms. You could try without a thermostat and if it does the same maybe the circulating pump is going. .02
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

I think the circ pump has a wheepe hole. Water drips out when they go bad.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

Get a infrared temp gun and verify the temp is actually rising. My bet though is there is still pieces in the system. I had this problem after my impeller died. Took mea couple looks to find pieces jammed in the grate on theddischarge side of the pump.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

Well after pulling all the hoses again again checking for debris, the hose leaving the raw water pump into the thermostat housing was full of old impeller pieces. Flushed that and all is good, ran it for close to an hour between 3800 and 4400 rpms with the temp not even touching 150. ... CornRickey was on the money. Thanks everyone else for the help as well!

Yes I would have to agree make sure their are no pieces of the impeller blocking anything including the trans cooler. And a hot moter can suck water up as it cools happened to me.