Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by cbm4ua View Post
    Im in North Alabama, but I bought the boat from a guy in Johnsburg, IL (pic is at a gas station just after picking it up). He had the boat priced really nicely so it was worth the drive.
    I have filled up at that very gas station a few times which is funny that you did the same. A good deal is always worth the drive I say.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Quote Originally Posted by spydermonkey View Post
    Congrats nice boat I have an 06 21v and the sumo 900 bag that is a perfect fit for the rear lockers. I just made a trial ghetto gate yesterday and I had a better wave than I have ever had listing but looking at rakkasanscouts photos that for sure the best way to go if you can afford to. You will love your boat have fun
    Do you have any pics of your ghetto gate? I'm thinking of making one also.

The OP asked about risks of adding this much weight to the boat. I'm a rookie too and don't have a ton of experience surfing our new to us '08 21v but I can share a few tips other experienced surfers have given me or mistakes we've made that we've learned from. When picking up a fallen surfer, don't get in a hurry. Surfing happens close to the boat at slow speeds, so your fallen comrade is never too far away and should be close enough to the boat to be out of harms way. Take your boat out of gear and let your surf wake pass you. DO NOT immediately turn to the surf side as you risk swamping your boat. This happened to my boat while I was surfing. An inexperienced driver (who I thought knew what he was doing) throttled up and turned surf side to come pick me up. He broad-sided his own surf wave. I was in the water and couldn't see everything, but I was told it was a 3' wall of water that came over the port side. Had we had thousands of pounds of ballast, this could have been disastrous. I guess my point is, make sure you understand the proper way to operate a heavily loaded listed boat before you put 2000 pounds of ballast into her!